Friday, August 14, 2009

Busy Drama Filled Weekend (And Week)

You probably noticed loyal TransGriot readers that I didn't post as much as I normally do this week or last weekend.

It's not that I didn't have anything to talk about or that I was in need of a writing break. I was more than a little irritated that I was on the cybersidelines with all of the breaking news and other assorted madness percolating on the net and elsewhere. The problem was the borrowed laptop computer I was working with went down.

Unfortunately I was working on a post last Friday at the exact moment Blogger was getting cyberattacked. A major file was corrupted that knocked me offline for a few days. To complicate matters my job called asking if I could cover an open shift and I ended up squeezing 36 hours in over a three day period.

However, during my work and at home downtime I did get the opportunity to jot my thoughts down on a notepad. Over the next few days, weeks and months you'll get to see what I came up with in this space.

Since the laptop was being worked on, couldn't take it with me to compile those thoughts that came to mind while I was at work. In addition, thanks to the recent flood we had here in Da Ville, the public library computers aren't an option for the next several weeks because the system servers were housed in the basement of the main library building downtown that flooded.

My computer guru Polar excels at and earns his living cleaning up electronic messes, so I had to patiently wait until he got some time in his busy life to deal with it.

I just received Computer Prime today. The replacement motherboard didn't work, so it had to be sent back to the manufacturer. Polar received the new new motherboard, and thanks to his hard work Computer Prime is ready and better than ever.

I have a much larger hard drive, new power supply, new DVD/RW drive and memory to spare to make Computer Prime run faster.

As always, thank you and know that I deeply appreciate you loyal readers for spending your valuable web surfing time here at TransGriot. Thanks to those of you who are moved enough by my writing to comment on the various posts as well.

Big thank you to Polar for everything you've done to get Computer Prime literally back up to speed. Know that I deeply appreciate it.

Speaking of back up to speed, the break is over, and it's past time for me to get back in the blogging game

No comments: