Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Renee!

Happy birthday to my north of the border home girl Renee!

Who knew that a beautiful friendship would start from me erroneously chewing on her about a Womanist Musings blog post she wrote?

Serves me right for reading it while half asleep.

That embarrassing day for me (that Renee never lets me forget) actually turned out to be one of the best. I've gained a sister, a loyal friend and someone who loves talking on the phone as much as I do.

I've even gotten some Timmy's stuff out of the deal.

We're both looking forward to the day that we actually meet in the flesh. Doesn't matter what side of the border, we're just looking forward to that day.

She considers me awesome, but I can honestly say the same thing about her. She speaks two languages fluently, is a wonderful writer and someone who keeps me intellectually stimulated.

I admire her for having the patience she does in raising Mayhem and Destruction and still putting out a quality blog.

So happy anniversary of your 30th birthday. May it be stress-free, full of Timmy's Icecaps and Timbits that you actually get to eat this time.

And sis, may you have many more of them as well.

Oh yeah, still working on that cornbread recipe.

No comments: