Friday, June 19, 2009

Shut Up Fool! Awards-Juneteenth Edition

Happy Juneteenth everybody!

While I'm a little bummed because I'm not at home for the Juneteenth parade in downtown Houston, I did my best to have a traditional Juneteenth celebration despite being 1000 miles from home.

As I scarf up the rest of my strawberry soda and lick the barbecue sauce off my fingers, it's time to ascertain which fool was 1000 miles from reality this week.

As our Shut Up Fool! Awards mascot reminds us, fools are everywhere.


This week's fool is another contender for the Shut Up Fool Lifetime Achievement Award, Sarah Palin.

In this faux dustup over Letterman's lousy joke about Bristol, she drags her own daughter Willow into it when it's clear Dave's talking about her older sister.

Then after Letterman apologizes twice, she comes up with this phony acceptance of it that reads like consrvative talking points rather than from a mother who feels her anger over her daughter being dissed.

Sarah Palin, shut up fool!

No comments: