Monday, February 23, 2009

Club White House-Washington's Hottest Music Venue

When I wrote my 'If I Were President' post a year before Election Day 2008, little did I suspect that the thinking exercise I engaged in that day would become reality in the person of Barack Obama a year later.

There are some days when I'm watching the news and listening to some of the policy stuff they've been pushing and I wonder if peeps in the Obama administration read my blog posts.

One of the things I talked about in my presidential daydreaming post was having some slammin' entertainment in the White House, and last night that part of my post came to pass.

While I was watching CNN this morning they reported that Earth, Wind and Fire, one of my (and President Obama's) fave groups during my teen years performed in the East Room for an event honoring US governors in town for the National Governors Association meeting.



It was cool seeing the guys in tuxedos, some of the guests and the president and First Lady jamming to some of my fave EWF songs.

Stevie Wonder is going to be honored with a Gershwin Award presented by President Obama on February 25.

The "Stevie Wonder in Performance at the White House: The Library of Congress Gershwin Prize” event will be taped and televised on PBS the following day. This event will take place in the East Room as well and include performances by Will.i.am, Tony Bennett, Diana Krall and many more.

And oh yeah, Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours was the official song for the Obama campaign.



So if you're living in the DC area and happen to get one of those coveted invitations to a White House event, clear your calendar and go. For the next four to eight years, 'Club White House', as DJ Tom Joyner calls it is going to have some interesting music groups and artists performing there.

No comments: