Saturday, January 24, 2009

'Tell It WOC Speak' Blog Carnival Coming Soon

Renee at Womanist Musings is organizing a Blog Carnival entitled 'Tell It WOC Speak.

She's currently looking for submissions for the upcoming carnival slated for February 15. Her goal is to build this into an ongoing event that takes place on the 15th of every month.

The submissions can be previous work or new pieces that intersect with race and involve issues of class, gender, sexuality, ability, et cetera.

She says, 'It is time that we tackle the isms and bring them crashing down."

If you're interested in participating, click on this link to submit your article.

I will be submitting an article as part of this blog carnival and hope that others women of color bloggers will consent to do so as well.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Thanks so much for the shout out. I really appreciate it. Come on Ladies send in those links, it's time our work got the attention that it deserves.

Monica Roberts said...

Just doing my small part to help make this event a success.

Go Go Jo Jo said...

Just getting back to my reading list. Thanks for letting me know. I will see if there is something I want to edit and submit. Its my goal to do a whole bunch of writing for February anyway.