Friday, June 06, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday Prince


Today is the 50th birthday of Prince Rogers Nelson, aka His Royal Badness, or simply Prince.

Next to Parliament-Funkadelic, he helped define music for my generation and was another one of those artist's records that I didn't leave behind if I was DJing a party.

I go way back in terms of my love affair with His Royal Badness. He broke onto the scene when I was a high school junior. I didn't miss a Prince concert whenever he hit town. When Purple Rain came out my brother Kevin and I were standing in line with the other Prince fans wearing our 1999 concert T-shirts waiting to get into the theater to see it. I missed class in order to be on the phones to buy tickets when the Purple Rain tour tickets for his Houston performance went on sale.

So yeah, I'm a huge fan.

Happy 50th birthday Prince. May you have many more and keep putting out that music we all love so much.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

50! Say What! OMG! He look Fabulous!

Monica Roberts said...

That he does.